links below for more information)
What's So Special About Credit Unions
- Credit Life and Disability Insurance on loans
- Credit Counseling
- Financial Seminars
- Credit Unions are owned and operated by its members
- Members make up the Board of Directors who manage and elect the
people who handle the business and operation of the Credit Union.
- Members make up the Credit Committee which make the decision approving
- Members make up the supervisory Committee which ensures cooperators
that the Board of Directors and Credit Union staff follow established
for the Credit Union operation.
Your Credit Union has three main functions:
- Help you save regularly
- Lend money at fair interest rates
- Advise you on how to use money wisely
- Share (regular savings) accounts
- Christmas Club
- Holiday/Vacation Club
- 'Rainy Day' Account
- Goal Saver
- Personal Loans
- Share Secured Loans
- Church Pledge
- Home Repairs
- Debt Consolidation
- Emergency Loans*
- “ Plastic Payoff” Loans
Goal saver: Saving for
a specific goal like a wedding or a remodeling project
can be eased by starting early.
Goal Saver Loans are viewed by us as an alterative
to a traditional savings account.
Emergency: Putting money
away for emergencies or for the proverbial "rainy day"
makes a lot of sense. If
you lose your job, for example, you may need money for
food, utilities, mortgage payments, taxes, rent or other
necessities until the next job comes along.
Church Pledge Loan (CPL): This
unique loan provides Credit Union members the opportunity
to pay their annual
church pledge in a single payment, Further information
is available from your credit union representative.
Christmas Club: A credit
union Christmas Club Account is one way to save all
year long and brighten your holiday
season. Open you Christmas Club Account today!
Vacation Club: This account is similar to a Christmas
Federal Credit Union
49-55 Edgecombe Ave
New York, NY 10030
Tel: (212) 491-2924